Friday was Jim Ned's kindergarten round-up. Avery and I went to the Methodist church in Tuscola to get her signed up for kindergarten. We met Mrs. Irby and Mrs. Grun, the 2 kindergarten teachers at Lawn Elementary. We also met the Reading Specialist, Mrs. Mayfield. Luke knows Mrs. Mayfield and Mrs. Mayfield knows Luke. Mrs. Irby gave Avery her re

adiness test. She then gave her a math folder to work on this summer and ABC flash cards. Avery already knows how to write and recognizes most of her letters. But she was super excited to get the flash cards. She also got a welcome gift, the sack with the indian on it, that had some crayolas, a pencil inscribed with "kindergarteners are #1!" and other fun stuff.
All in all, Avery is really excited to be starting kindergarten. She was really, really shy with the teachers, but Mrs. Irby assured me that she would quite enjoy a quiet, shy girl in her class, should Avery end up in her class.
Notice the ribbon around Avery's head, she picked out the way she wanted me to fix her hair and she wanted this ribbon tied around her head, hippie-style. She has always does this with headbands too. See
an example here. I am not good with fashion, so I will just let her tell me what she wants. I have a feeling that I am going to be learning a lot about fashion from Avery as the years go on :)
No comments:
Post a Comment