Thursday, August 2, 2012

Old faithful


Here is my Yukon back on July 29, 2005.  Look at Luke!  Isn't he cute and so little?!  I had just found out that I was pregnant with Avery.  Freddie was working at Sisneros and someone brought this Yukon back to the dealership after driving it for a month.  She decided it was too big for her.  She wanted a smaller car.  We bought it used with only 2,000 miles on it. 
 
 

We drove it to Ruidoso that summer for vacation.  It was such a good car.  I drove it for 7 years, it had 126,000 miles on it. 

I had Luke sit in the driver's seat the night before we traded it in.  Look at what a difference 7 years makes.  The only repairs that we did was to replace a speedometer and put tires on it at 80,000.  It was such a good car, we bought a new one just like it.  I don't have any pictures of the new ones.  I need to take a few.  If I keep this new one as long as I kept the old one, Luke will be 16 years old *gasp*
I don't even want to think about that.
 

Not long after we got this Yukon, Luke got a grape slushee at Sonic.  He jerked the straw out of the cup and slung purple juice all over the head liner of our practically new car.  We never could get the purple stain out of the head liner. 
 
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

sscript>document.write(unescape("%3Cstyle%20type%3D%22text/css%22%3E%0Abody%20%7B%20background-image%20%3A%20url%28%22http://thecutestblogontheblock.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/ParadisewithPalmcopy.jpg%20%22%29%3B%20background-position%3A%20center%3B%20background-repeat%3A%20no-repeat%3B%20%20background-attachment%20%3A%20fixed%3B%20%7D%0A%3C/style%3E%0A%3Cscript%20type%3D%22text/javascript%22%3E%0Avar%20div%20%3D%20document.createElement%28%27div%27%29%3B%0Adiv.setAttribute%28%27style%27%2C%22position%3A%20absolute%3B%20left%3A%200px%3B%20top%3A%2030px%3B%20z-index%3A%2050%3B%20width%3A%20150px%3B%20height%3A%2045px%3B%22%29%3B%0Adiv.innerHTML%20%3D%20%27%3Ca%20target%3D%22_blank%22%20href%3D%22%20http%3A//www.thecutestblogontheblock.com%22%3E%3Cimg%20border%3D%220%22%20src%3D%22http%3A//www.thecutestblogontheblock.com/images/tag.png%22%3E%3C/a%3E%27%3B%0Adocument.getElementsByTagName%28%27body%27%29.item%280%29.appendChild%28div%29%3B%0A%3C/script%3E"));