Saturday, December 24, 2011

Plumbing adventure

It all started when I walked through the dining room one evening and my socks got wet from some water that was in the floor.  I, naturally assumed that someone, ahem, one of the kids, had spilled some water and didn't clean it up.  Since Luke mostly drinks tea and Avery mostly drinks water, Avery seemed to be the likely culprit.  She didn't remember spilling anything, but dutifully cleaned it up anyway.  However, the next time I walked through the dining room, the water was back.  That was when Freddie decided to take a closer look.  He dried the floor and water immediately began seeping back up through the grout in the tile.  UH-OH, Houston, we have a problem.  Freddie has a drag-racing friend that is a plumber, so we called him.  This was on Friday and he couldn't come out until Monday.  All weekend long, we had to keep beach towels on the area where the water was seeping up.  Any time we didn't need water, we turned off the water to the house.  Monday morning, the plumbers used a leak finder to isolate exactly where the leak was in the slab.  They were able to narrow it down really close.  One jackhammer, two tiles, a lot of red mud and the leak was located.  The plumbers probably thought I was crazy taking pictures.  But it isn't every day that you can see the dirt underneath your house, right?!






Posted by Picasa

No comments:

sscript>document.write(unescape("%3Cstyle%20type%3D%22text/css%22%3E%0Abody%20%7B%20background-image%20%3A%20url%28%22http://thecutestblogontheblock.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/ParadisewithPalmcopy.jpg%20%22%29%3B%20background-position%3A%20center%3B%20background-repeat%3A%20no-repeat%3B%20%20background-attachment%20%3A%20fixed%3B%20%7D%0A%3C/style%3E%0A%3Cscript%20type%3D%22text/javascript%22%3E%0Avar%20div%20%3D%20document.createElement%28%27div%27%29%3B%0Adiv.setAttribute%28%27style%27%2C%22position%3A%20absolute%3B%20left%3A%200px%3B%20top%3A%2030px%3B%20z-index%3A%2050%3B%20width%3A%20150px%3B%20height%3A%2045px%3B%22%29%3B%0Adiv.innerHTML%20%3D%20%27%3Ca%20target%3D%22_blank%22%20href%3D%22%20http%3A//www.thecutestblogontheblock.com%22%3E%3Cimg%20border%3D%220%22%20src%3D%22http%3A//www.thecutestblogontheblock.com/images/tag.png%22%3E%3C/a%3E%27%3B%0Adocument.getElementsByTagName%28%27body%27%29.item%280%29.appendChild%28div%29%3B%0A%3C/script%3E"));