We were driving home from life group tonight and this was our conversation:
Luke: Mom, I scrapped my foot on the ground while I was riding that scooter.
Me: Ouch, is it bleeding?
Luke: No, but it is strarting to hurt pretty good.
Avery: You should put a band-aid on it.
Luke (to Avery): God doesn't need a band-aid to heal my foot.
I was thinking, huh? you are exactly right Luke, God doesn't need anything to heal our wounds, physical or emotional, and I was thinking out of the mouths of babes, and my mind was going really fast about the truth in that statement. All of this happened in a split second. So, I told him.
Me: You are exactly right Luke. God doesn't need a band-aid to heal your foot. (I said with pride).
Luke (to Avery): Besides, I am not a sissy like you.
Annnnnd, as quickly as the pride jumped into my heart, it was gone.
Our next discussion was about how to treat others and how mean words can be. Oh well, it was sweet while it lasted.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
sscript>document.write(unescape("%3Cstyle%20type%3D%22text/css%22%3E%0Abody%20%7B%20background-image%20%3A%20url%28%22http://thecutestblogontheblock.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/ParadisewithPalmcopy.jpg%20%22%29%3B%20background-position%3A%20center%3B%20background-repeat%3A%20no-repeat%3B%20%20background-attachment%20%3A%20fixed%3B%20%7D%0A%3C/style%3E%0A%3Cscript%20type%3D%22text/javascript%22%3E%0Avar%20div%20%3D%20document.createElement%28%27div%27%29%3B%0Adiv.setAttribute%28%27style%27%2C%22position%3A%20absolute%3B%20left%3A%200px%3B%20top%3A%2030px%3B%20z-index%3A%2050%3B%20width%3A%20150px%3B%20height%3A%2045px%3B%22%29%3B%0Adiv.innerHTML%20%3D%20%27%3Ca%20target%3D%22_blank%22%20href%3D%22%20http%3A//www.thecutestblogontheblock.com%22%3E%3Cimg%20border%3D%220%22%20src%3D%22http%3A//www.thecutestblogontheblock.com/images/tag.png%22%3E%3C/a%3E%27%3B%0Adocument.getElementsByTagName%28%27body%27%29.item%280%29.appendChild%28div%29%3B%0A%3C/script%3E"));
1 comment:
Too cute...sounds like a great church bulletin or newsletter insert or even a children's sermon. Luke does come up with some insightful thoughts about God from time to time. Maybe I need to pass this on the Marsha Rutland...she does our children's sermons.
Post a Comment