Sunday, March 20, 2011

Meme's 80th birthday

We celebrated my grandmother's 80th birthday this weekend.  Here mom is with 2 of her brothers and Meme. 


Luke and Avery enjoying some of the birthday cake.

Here are the kids playing outside the church, where the birthday party was held.  This is what I love about small towns.  These kids played outside for approximately 3 hours without anyone outside watching them.  I mean, adults were in and out of the building the whole time, but no one worried that anything was going to happen to the kiddo, except maybe me.  I was worried that they were going to throw rocks through a window or something.  But they didn't, only Avery got hit with a rock. 

LaChelle and I served cake and punch during the last half of the party. 

When the kids did come into the church, they all immediately took off thier shoes.  Look at all the boots and Avery's sandels.  I am going to have to get her some boots. 

After the party, my cousin Shelly, said that Brogan, her youngest and Avery got married during the party.  We were all too busy partying with Meme and missed the wedding.  Avery seems to be outnumbered everywhere we go :) 
Avery, Bryson, Brogan, Luke and Braden--these kiddos only see each other once a year, but they have a great time playing together every time they are together. 


No comments:

sscript>document.write(unescape("%3Cstyle%20type%3D%22text/css%22%3E%0Abody%20%7B%20background-image%20%3A%20url%28%22http://thecutestblogontheblock.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/ParadisewithPalmcopy.jpg%20%22%29%3B%20background-position%3A%20center%3B%20background-repeat%3A%20no-repeat%3B%20%20background-attachment%20%3A%20fixed%3B%20%7D%0A%3C/style%3E%0A%3Cscript%20type%3D%22text/javascript%22%3E%0Avar%20div%20%3D%20document.createElement%28%27div%27%29%3B%0Adiv.setAttribute%28%27style%27%2C%22position%3A%20absolute%3B%20left%3A%200px%3B%20top%3A%2030px%3B%20z-index%3A%2050%3B%20width%3A%20150px%3B%20height%3A%2045px%3B%22%29%3B%0Adiv.innerHTML%20%3D%20%27%3Ca%20target%3D%22_blank%22%20href%3D%22%20http%3A//www.thecutestblogontheblock.com%22%3E%3Cimg%20border%3D%220%22%20src%3D%22http%3A//www.thecutestblogontheblock.com/images/tag.png%22%3E%3C/a%3E%27%3B%0Adocument.getElementsByTagName%28%27body%27%29.item%280%29.appendChild%28div%29%3B%0A%3C/script%3E"));