Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Gettin' my granny on!

 Mom taught me how to crochet when I got put on bed rest when I was pregnant with Luke.  I never finished that blanket that I started on bed rest.  Luke was born early and here it is almost 9 years later. 

I have a co-worker that crochets all the time and she renewed my interest.  I have a hard time just sitting and watching TV.  I like to be doing something.  Also, I spend (and Freddie does too) hours, literally, each week, listening to kids read. I have found that I can listen and crochet at the same time.  I also find crocheting relaxing. 

I made LaChelle a small baby blanket for Brody.  I was a great starter project, since it was so small.  Melinda, my co-worker and friend, helped me here and there, but mostly I have watched you tube videos to figure out the stitches. 

Since Avery is so always with me at Hobby Lobby, she found some yarn that she loved.  So she helped me pick out the colors for this blanket.  I think the colors are so fun!

I used a giant "granny square" pattern.  I started it on Feb. 9th and finished it last night.  It went really fast. 

Anyway, Freddie thinks crocheting is an old lady hobby and we joke that every time I get my crochet out that I am "gettin' my granny on." 




Posted by Picasa

No comments:

sscript>document.write(unescape("%3Cstyle%20type%3D%22text/css%22%3E%0Abody%20%7B%20background-image%20%3A%20url%28%22http://thecutestblogontheblock.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/ParadisewithPalmcopy.jpg%20%22%29%3B%20background-position%3A%20center%3B%20background-repeat%3A%20no-repeat%3B%20%20background-attachment%20%3A%20fixed%3B%20%7D%0A%3C/style%3E%0A%3Cscript%20type%3D%22text/javascript%22%3E%0Avar%20div%20%3D%20document.createElement%28%27div%27%29%3B%0Adiv.setAttribute%28%27style%27%2C%22position%3A%20absolute%3B%20left%3A%200px%3B%20top%3A%2030px%3B%20z-index%3A%2050%3B%20width%3A%20150px%3B%20height%3A%2045px%3B%22%29%3B%0Adiv.innerHTML%20%3D%20%27%3Ca%20target%3D%22_blank%22%20href%3D%22%20http%3A//www.thecutestblogontheblock.com%22%3E%3Cimg%20border%3D%220%22%20src%3D%22http%3A//www.thecutestblogontheblock.com/images/tag.png%22%3E%3C/a%3E%27%3B%0Adocument.getElementsByTagName%28%27body%27%29.item%280%29.appendChild%28div%29%3B%0A%3C/script%3E"));