We ate nachos, hot dogs, grilled chicken sandwiches, peanuts, and popcorn. The buffet had tomatoes neatly sliced on a trip next to the chicken sandwiches. My kids passed on the chicken, but ate TONS of sliced tomatoes.
When we sat down in our seats, Luke said, "This is a dream come true!" He has only been to one other Rangers game, but he was so little he didn't remember much about it. I don't think he will ever forget this one.
The Rangers started out the game a little slow. They were down 3-0 in the first inning. I promised Luke after the 3rd inning, we would head down to the kid area so they could play games. We waited in a very long line in order for Luke to hit in the batting practice area. It was a small baseball diamond and the ball and bat were plastic, but Luke felt like his was in the big league.
He did really well. I think that were given 5-6 pitches and he hit 3 home runs!
Avery opted out of most of the games. She only wanted to play Plinko and get some tattoos.
Josh Hamilton - what a testimony this man has. I read his book a couple of months ago and I have to say, God has a plan for this man. He is an excellent example of how God can save someone from destroying his life. Josh came to Abilene last year to speak at an FCA event. I really wish we could have gone to the dinner. He reminds us that we are all human and make mistakes but that we can fully rely on God.
He is Luke's favorite players.
The ended up going into extra innings, 11 innings in all and we stayed until the last out. What a game! At one point, the Rangers were down 7-1. They ended up winning 8-7. Luke was PUMPED! The crowd was fun and Avery fell asleep in my lap. It was after 11 pm before the game was over.
She woke up in time to see the fireworks show. It was a spectacular show! The kids were amazed. We had so much fun.

No comments:
Post a Comment