Saturday, June 4, 2011

Happy 8th Birthday Luke!


I can't believe I have an 8 year old! We had his birthday party on Memorial Day at the Abilene Swim Club. It was really fun to have his friends over to swim and eat cake and ice cream.









I am pretty sure that I have a picture similar to this (eating watermelon) at every single birthday.





















Luke picked a "Little League Baseball" theme party.  So, I filled the goody bags with peanuts, sunflower seedseeds and a package of Big League Chew. 













Brendan posing with the busted pinata!
We also had a baseball pinata.  Unfortunately, I filled the pinata too full of candy.  It was really heavy and anytime a kid hit the rope instead of the pinata, the rope would pull out of the pinata.  Freddie ended up pitching the pinata to the kids and it was SO heavy that it nearly knocked them down when they hit it.  Eventually, they knocked a hole big enough to shake all the candy out. 
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

sscript>document.write(unescape("%3Cstyle%20type%3D%22text/css%22%3E%0Abody%20%7B%20background-image%20%3A%20url%28%22http://thecutestblogontheblock.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/ParadisewithPalmcopy.jpg%20%22%29%3B%20background-position%3A%20center%3B%20background-repeat%3A%20no-repeat%3B%20%20background-attachment%20%3A%20fixed%3B%20%7D%0A%3C/style%3E%0A%3Cscript%20type%3D%22text/javascript%22%3E%0Avar%20div%20%3D%20document.createElement%28%27div%27%29%3B%0Adiv.setAttribute%28%27style%27%2C%22position%3A%20absolute%3B%20left%3A%200px%3B%20top%3A%2030px%3B%20z-index%3A%2050%3B%20width%3A%20150px%3B%20height%3A%2045px%3B%22%29%3B%0Adiv.innerHTML%20%3D%20%27%3Ca%20target%3D%22_blank%22%20href%3D%22%20http%3A//www.thecutestblogontheblock.com%22%3E%3Cimg%20border%3D%220%22%20src%3D%22http%3A//www.thecutestblogontheblock.com/images/tag.png%22%3E%3C/a%3E%27%3B%0Adocument.getElementsByTagName%28%27body%27%29.item%280%29.appendChild%28div%29%3B%0A%3C/script%3E"));