Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Sweet Avery

Saturdays have become our days to spend it doing entirely what the kids want to do--and we love it.  Since we don't get to see them as much as we like during the week, we make the very most of our weekends.  Often times it is rushing to games or birthday parties and can seem hectic, but we love it.  They are only kids for a short time.  This weekend, Avery had a soccer game at 10:30 in the morning.  After her game, we ran errands and ate lunch and then it was time to head to Luke's game.  I brought Avery some flip flops so she wouldn't have to wear cleats and shin guards all day long.  In the car on the way to Kohl's, with her seat belt on, she was really struggling to get her shin guards off.  I asked her if I could help, she said sure.  I just reached down and pulled them off really quickly, no thinking much about it.  And sweet Avery says, "WOW, mom, you are really good at this!!"  It just warmed my heart.  Thank you can be said in so many different ways and so far this is my favorite!!  So, in the future, if you are struggling with shin guards, call me...I am really good at it and can help you!

Here are some unrelated pictures of Avery, but too cute not to post.  We took Sadie to the park where Luke practices baseball and Sadie and I ran/walked on the path all the way around the park.  Avery walked part of the way, then we had to take her back to Dad.  But here she is in all her flower-power glory.  For some reason, I personally think it is because she knows it drives Freddie crazy, Avery loves to wear her head band all hippie-like.  For some reason Freddie doesn't dig the look.  But anytime Avery wears a headband to school, she goes in with it on the "correct" way and comes home with it on her way, as indicated in the picture. 

No comments:

sscript>document.write(unescape("%3Cstyle%20type%3D%22text/css%22%3E%0Abody%20%7B%20background-image%20%3A%20url%28%22http://thecutestblogontheblock.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/ParadisewithPalmcopy.jpg%20%22%29%3B%20background-position%3A%20center%3B%20background-repeat%3A%20no-repeat%3B%20%20background-attachment%20%3A%20fixed%3B%20%7D%0A%3C/style%3E%0A%3Cscript%20type%3D%22text/javascript%22%3E%0Avar%20div%20%3D%20document.createElement%28%27div%27%29%3B%0Adiv.setAttribute%28%27style%27%2C%22position%3A%20absolute%3B%20left%3A%200px%3B%20top%3A%2030px%3B%20z-index%3A%2050%3B%20width%3A%20150px%3B%20height%3A%2045px%3B%22%29%3B%0Adiv.innerHTML%20%3D%20%27%3Ca%20target%3D%22_blank%22%20href%3D%22%20http%3A//www.thecutestblogontheblock.com%22%3E%3Cimg%20border%3D%220%22%20src%3D%22http%3A//www.thecutestblogontheblock.com/images/tag.png%22%3E%3C/a%3E%27%3B%0Adocument.getElementsByTagName%28%27body%27%29.item%280%29.appendChild%28div%29%3B%0A%3C/script%3E"));