Thursday, December 3, 2009

Sadie at the races

Sadie was a huge hit at the race track this weekend. I was worried that all the loud noises and cars would scare her, so I was prepared to turn around and take her back to the house. She was a little timid at first, but as the day progressed, she really warmed up and loved all the attention that she got...from friends and strangers!
Here is Cade with Sadie.  Cade told me that he has wanted a chocolate for a while.  As luck would have it, Cade won the race in junior dragsters!  Go Cade!  He determined that it was definately time to buy a chocolate lab with a small portion of his winnings!!
Caleigh, Avery and Luke watching HSM2 in the trailer.  We missed Caleigh's birthday party, so we took her present to the races.  Sadie decided Avery's back was a great place for a nap.
Here is Avery and Sadie in the basket of the golf cart, ready to go to the starting line to watch Freddie race.  Freddie mentioned that of all the pictures I took at the race track on Saturday, there wasn't a single car in the picture?!  Oh well, I will get some actual racing pics next time.

The last picture is of Luke holding his hands over Sadie's ears to protect her from the loud cars, however, my guess is that if Sadie is asleep, the loud cars are hurting her ears. 

It was a fun day and I am sure Sadie will go back with us to the track.


Posted by PicasaSince we were there until after midnight, the kids gradually began to fall asleep, Sadie didn't mind curling up next to Luke and going to sleep too!

No comments:

sscript>document.write(unescape("%3Cstyle%20type%3D%22text/css%22%3E%0Abody%20%7B%20background-image%20%3A%20url%28%22http://thecutestblogontheblock.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/ParadisewithPalmcopy.jpg%20%22%29%3B%20background-position%3A%20center%3B%20background-repeat%3A%20no-repeat%3B%20%20background-attachment%20%3A%20fixed%3B%20%7D%0A%3C/style%3E%0A%3Cscript%20type%3D%22text/javascript%22%3E%0Avar%20div%20%3D%20document.createElement%28%27div%27%29%3B%0Adiv.setAttribute%28%27style%27%2C%22position%3A%20absolute%3B%20left%3A%200px%3B%20top%3A%2030px%3B%20z-index%3A%2050%3B%20width%3A%20150px%3B%20height%3A%2045px%3B%22%29%3B%0Adiv.innerHTML%20%3D%20%27%3Ca%20target%3D%22_blank%22%20href%3D%22%20http%3A//www.thecutestblogontheblock.com%22%3E%3Cimg%20border%3D%220%22%20src%3D%22http%3A//www.thecutestblogontheblock.com/images/tag.png%22%3E%3C/a%3E%27%3B%0Adocument.getElementsByTagName%28%27body%27%29.item%280%29.appendChild%28div%29%3B%0A%3C/script%3E"));